August 2015 - March 2016
March 2015 - July 2015
April 2014 - March 2015
April 2013 - March 2014
April 2012 - March 2013
April 2011 - March 2012
April 2010 - March 2011
April 2009 - March 2010
April 2008 - March 2009
April 2007 - March 2008
April 2006 - March 2007
April 2005 - March 2006
April 2004 - March 2005
April 2003 - March 2004
Winter 2002 - March 2003
» Nano Letters 2017
Tao Li (U Nebraska/Lincoln), Pankaj K. Sharma (U Nebraska/Lincoln), Alexey Lipatov (U Nebraska/Lincoln), Hyungwoo Lee (U of Wisconsin/Madison), Jung-Woo Lee (U of Wisconsin/Madison), Mikhail Y. Zhuravlev (Kurnakov Institute, Moscow, Russia), Tula R. Paudel (U Nebraska/Lincoln), Yuri A. Genenko (TU Darmstadt), Chang-Beom Eom (U of Wisconsin/Madison), Evgeny Tsymbal (U Nebraska/Lincoln), Alexander Sinitskii (U Nebraska/Lincoln), Alexei Gruverman (U Nebraska/Lincoln), "Polarization-Mediated Modulation of Electronic and Transport Properties of Hybrid MoS2−BaTiO3−SrRuO3 Tunnel Junctions," Nano Letters DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b04247 (2017).
» Advanced Materials 2016
Q. Dong, J. Song, Y. Fang, Y. Shao, S. Ducharme, and J. Huang, “Lateral-Structure Single-Crystal Hybrid Perovskite Solar Cells via Piezoelectric Poling,” Adv. Mater. 28, 2816-2821 (2016).
» Science 2015
- X. Renshaw Wang, C. J. Li, W. M. Lü, T. R. Paudel, D. P. Leusink, M. Hoek, N. Poccia, A. Vailionis, T. Venkatesan, J. M. D. Coey, E. Y. Tsymbal, Ariando, and H. Hilgenkamp, "Imaging and control of ferromagnetism in LaMnO3/SrTiO3 heterostructures" Science 349, 716-719 (2015).
- D. Lee, H. Lu, Y. Gu, S.-Y. Choi, S.-D. Li, S. Ryu, T. R. Paudel, K. Song, E. Mikheev, S. Lee, S. Stemmer, D. A. Tenne, S. H. Oh, E. Y. Tsymbal, X. Wu, L.-Q. Chen, A. Gruverman, and C. B. Eom, "Emergence of Room-temperature Ferroelectricity at Reduced Dimensions," Science 349, Issue 6254, 1314-1317 (2015).
» Advanced Materials 2015
H. Lu, T. Li, S. Poddar, O. Goit, A. Lipatov, A. Sinitskii, S. Ducharme, and A. Gruverman, "Statics and Dynamics of Ferroelectric Domains in Diisopropylammonium Bromide," Adv. Mater. 27, 7832–7838 (2015).
» Nano Letters 2015
- T. H. Vo, U. G. E. Perera, M. Shekhirev, M. M. Pour, D. A. Kunkel, H. Lu, A. Gruverman, E. Sutter, M. Cotlet, D. Nykypanchuk, P. Zahl, A. Enders, A. Sinitskii, and P. Sutter, "Nitrogen-Doping Induced Self-Assembly of Graphene Nanoribbon-Based Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Metamaterials", Nano Lett. 15 (9), 5770–5777 (2015).
- P. Sharma, S. Ryu, J. D. Burton, T. R. Paudel, C. W. Bark, Z. Huang, Ariando, E. Y. Tsymbal, G. Catalan, C. B. Eom, and A. Gruverman, "Mechanical Tuning of LaAlO3/SrTiO3 Interface Conductivity", Nano Lett. 15 (5), 3547–3551 (2015).
- A. Nguyen, P. Sharma, T. Scott, E. Preciado, V. Klee, D. Sun, I.-H. Lu, D. Barroso, S. Kim, V. Ya. Shur, A. R. Akhmatkhanov, A. Gruverman, L. Bartels, and P. A. Dowben, "Toward Ferroelectric Control of Monolayer MoS2", Nano Lett. 15 (5), 3364–3369 (2015).
» ACS Nano 2015
A. Lipatov, P. Sharma, A. Gruverman, and A. Sinitskii, "Optoelectrical Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2)—Ferroelectric Memories", ACS Nano 9 (8), 8089–8098 (2015).
» Nano Letters 2014
- X. Wei, R. Zhou, W. Lefebvre, K. He, D. Le Roy, R. Skomski, X. Li, J. E. Shield, M. J. Kramer, S. Chen, X. C. Zeng, and D. J. Sellmyer, "Structural and Magnetic Evolution of Bimetallic MnAu Clusters Driven by Asymmetric Atomic Migration," Nano Lett. 14, 1362−1368 (2014).
- C. Phatak, Y. Liu, E. B. Gulsoy, D. Schmidt, E. Schubert, and A. Petford-Long, “Visualization of the Magnetic Structure of Sculpted Three-Dimensional Cobalt Nanospirals,” Nano Lett. 14, 759-764 (2014).
» Nature Communications 2014
T. H. Vo, M. Shekhirev, D. A. Kunkel, M. D. Morton, E. Berglund, L. Kong, P. M. Wilson, P. A. Dowben, A. Enders, and A. Sinitskii, “Large-Scale Solution Synthesis of Narrow Graphene Nanoribbons,” Nature Communications 5, 3189 (2014).
» Nature Materials 2013
- An international team of scientists, including Nebraska MRSEC physicists Evgeny Tsymbal, Alexei Gruverman and J. D. Burton, has discovered a new approach to realize giant resistive switching, as reported in Nature Materials and featured in the UNL press release (Febr. 2013).
- E. Y. Tsymbal and A. Gruverman, "Ferroelectric tunnel junctions: Beyond the barrier,” Nature Materials 12, 602-604 (2013).
» Science 2012
H. Lu, C.-W. Bark, D. Esque de los Ojos, J. Alcala, C. B. Eom, G. Catalan, and A. Gruverman, "Mechanical Writing of Ferroelectric Polarization," Science 6, 59-64 (2012). Featured on NSF Discoveries web page.
Listen to Alexei Gruverman's interview on the April 6th Science podcast.
» Nature Materials 2012
Evgeny Tsymbal “Spintronics: Electric Toggling of Magnets”, Nature Materials 11, 12-13 (2012) .
» Published Book 2012
“Simple Models of Magnetism” by Ralph Skomski (Oxford University Press) (June 2012).
» Published Books 2011
- “Scanning Probe Microscopy of Functional Materials” by Sergei V. Kalinin and Alexei Gruverman (Springer).
- “Handbook of Spin Transport and Magnetism” by Evgeny Y. Tsymbal and Igor Źutić (CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group).
» Nano Letters 2011
B. Balasubramanian, R. Skomski, X. Li, S. R. Valloppilly, J. E. Shield, G. C. Hadjipanayis, and D. J. Sellmyer, “Cluster Synthesis and Direct Ordering of Rare-Earth Transition-Metal Nanomagnets,” Nano Lett. 11 (4), 1747-52 (2011).
» ACS Nano 2011
R. Zhou, X. Wei, K. He, J. E. Shield, D. J. Sellmyer, and X. C. Zeng, “Theoretical and Experimental Characterization of Structures of MnAu Nanoclusters in the Size Range of 1-3 nm,” ACS Nano 5 (12), 9966-76 (2011).
» Nature Materials 2011
Y. Yuan, T. J. Reece, P. Sharma, S. Poddar, S. Ducharme, A. Gruverman, Y. Yang, and J. Huang, “Efficiency enhancement in organic solar cells with ferroelectric polymers,” Nature Materials 10, 296-302 (2011).
» Physical Review Letters 2011
N. Wu, X. He, A. L. Wysocki, U. Lanke, T. Komesu, K. D. Belashchenko, C. Binek, and P. A. Dowben, “Imaging and control of surface magnetization domains in a magnetoelectric antiferromagnet,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 087202 (2010).
» Nature Materials 2010
Xi He, Yi Wang, Ning Wu, Anthony N. Caruso, Elio Vescovo, Kirill Belashchenko, Peter Dowben, and Christian Binek, "Robust isothermal electric control of exchange bias at room temperature"
Nature Materials 9, 579–585 (2010). Featured on NSF Discoveries web page.
» ACS Nano 2010
B. Balasubramanian, K. L. Kraemer, N. A. Reding, R. Skomski, S. Ducharme, and D. J. Sellmyer, “Synthesis of Monodisperse TiO2-Paraffin Core-Shell Nanoparticles for Improved Dielectric Properties,” ACS Nano 4 (4), 1893-1900 (2010).